- Can I extend the cold tail lead of the mat?
- Can the cold tail lead of the mat be cut?
- Can I install my electric floor heating system in a shower pan?
- How to install a floor heating mat around a drain in a shower.
- What do I do with the factory joint?
- Electric Floor Heating Mat Installation Video
- Installation of the CIT-1
- How far from the controller can the CIT-1 sensor be placed?
- Will the Electric Floor Heating System Work Without the Floor Sensor Probe?
- Specialized installation – Shower
- Installation tips for the Electric Floor Heating Mat System
- Warmup Insulation Board Installation Video
- Installation Example
- Installing insulation boards over a Wooden Subfloor
- Mounting and Installation Notes
- Installing insulation boards over a Concrete Subfloor
Preparing for your project
- Do I choose cable or mat electric floor heating systems?
- How long will my electric floor heating system take to heat up?
- What do I need to prepare for my electric floor heating project?
- Should I use a 120V or 240V electric floor heating system?
- Which snow melting controller is best for me: DS2, DS5, DS8 or ET02?
- Preparing for the installation of floor heating insulation boards
- Can I use any thin set mortar?
- Can I install the cable directly on top of the plywood ?
- Can I connect one cable to another (series connection) ?
- Can I connect more than one cable to the thermostat ?
- Once a repair has been completed, can I replace the tile right away?
- What do I do if my floor heating mat is too large?
- Is there a way to check for wire damage before installation?
- At what temperature does the CIT-1 sensor activate?
- What is the “R” Value of the Warmup Insulation Boards?
- How do you stick the insulation boards to the concrete slab ?
- Should I use Self-leveler or Thinset ?
- What is the EMF level of Warmup electric floor heating cables?
- Can I heat any amount of surface area?
- Was your electric floor heating system installed directly over a concrete sub-floor?
- Make sure the floor probe was installed properly
- Could my floor heating system have been wired incorrectly?
- Confirm there is enough power being supplied to operate your electric floor heating system.
- How to repair a damaged Mat or Loose Wire System ?
- How do I use my TDR Meter?
- Check the resistance readings of your electric floor heating system
- I nicked the wire slightly; do I need a repair kit?
- Are you getting a “Ground Fault” error after a few years?
- The temperature is below 15 degrees F, it is snowing and my sensor hasn’t triggered. What’s wrong?
- The sensor relay is closed but the deicing system is not running. Why?
- After a deicing cycle is complete my pavement still has some snow on it. Why?
- My sensor triggers properly most of the time but seems to miss very wet snow.
- My sensor just sits there. What could be wrong?
- Why does my DS unit not operate the way I expect it to?
- My sensor is triggered but no voltage is coming out of the load leads.
- General Troubleshooting
Will the Electric Floor Heating System Work Without the Floor Sensor Probe?
Yes, it is true that the floor heating system will operate without a sensor probe.
However, for efficient use and to validate Warmup’s product warranty, installations must be completed with a Warmup floor sensing controller. If the sensor is missing or damaged, it can be repaired or replaced.
If you encounter the ER1 error code, unhook the thermostat from the wall and make sure the sensor is properly connected in slots 1 and 2 of the sensor terminal. You may have to reset/reboot the thermostat to get rid of the Error Code.
In the not uncommon instance where the sensor was not installed at all, you can purchase a new sensor and connect it to the thermostat, leaving it hanging in the wall. This will reduce your thermostat to AMBIENT control only, but it will bypass the ER1 code.