What do I do if I have too much or too little NAMSR cable during installation?
The NAMSR self-regulating heating cable is ideal for both commercial and residential use. A full range of controllers, sensors and accessories is available, guaranteeing the optimal solution for the your project.
There are a few remedies should you have too much NAMSR cable:
- Cut the cable and use an end-kit to cap the end.
- Run a length of cable in one of your downspouts, making sure that you create a path for your ice to melt by extending the cable out at least 1’ from the bottom.
- If you have already run a length of cable down your downspout, run a length back up as well.
- Try increasing the height of the triangles along the roof line (up to 5 feet).
If you do not have enough NAMSR cable:
- consider tightening the triangles, whilst maintaining the proper height based on the overhang.
- use t-splices and end kits for downspouts so you do not have to use extra cable coming back up.
- use a splice kit to extend the cable, making sure that you are not exceeding the amperage allowed by your breaker or controller.
As always, please refer to the installation manual and follow all guidelines provided for your installation.